Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Hong Kong Trip Part 1

I am finally going to blog about my Hong Kong trip with Robin last month. I took all the photos using my handphone because I lost my camera on the plane. We took a Cathay flight there. The Cathay staff was unable to find my camera. Oh well.

Hong Kong is officially known as Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China. It is situated on China's south coast and is enclosed by the Pearl River Delta and South China Sea. Many people know Hong Kong for its expansive skyline and deep natural harbour. It has a population of approximately seven million people and is one of the most densely populated areas in the world. I think that Singapore is catching up with Hong Kong as I feel that it is quite crowded in many places in Singapore.


On our way. Woo-hoo~!! Excited.


Upon reaching Hong Kong, I wanted to take a photo of this scene but could not find my camera. I felt heartache for my luggage. The luggages will be dropped down from here. It will hit a wall and be dropped down to the conveyor belt. Wah.. Like that how to put fragile things inside?


From the Hong Kong International Airport, we took the Airport Express (AEL) to Kowloon Station then took the complimentary shuttle bus provided by our hotel directly to our hotel. Waited about 15-20 mins for our shuttle bus though. Was starving by then as we haven't had lunch.



Bought the Octopus cards for Robin and myself as we reckon that we will need to take the MTR quite often during our stay in Hong Kong.

So are you wondering which hotel did we stay in? We stayed in the Cosmo Hotel Mongkok. (Website: http://www.cosmomongkok.com.hk/en/home/) We paid $597 for 4 nights stay. There was no breakfast provided. We bought breakfast in the hotel restaurant for one morning. I love the hotel. Although the room is a little small, it is still acceptable as we don't really spend a lot of time in the hotel room. One thing which I can't stand is the toilet/bathroom. The toilet/bathroom is semi-transparent which is damn stupid. Why would anyone want to design a semi-transparent toilet/bathroom? Isn't it weird that your roommate can see what you are doing in the toilet/bathroom? Okie, maybe it is appropriate for married couples, etc but the hotel can always put blinds or what in the toilet. There are still some people who appreciate their privacy. My poor boyfriend got to go outside the room whenever I need to use the toilet =.=

One thing I got to mention though. The staff there have very good service! There were always staff rushing to open the front doors for us and help us hold on to the lift doors. The staff were polite and helpful too. I like! Oh yeah. The room is clean too which I really appreciate =)








After we have checked in and put down our luggages, we headed outside to eat. We decided to go to Central to shop and eat something good. The hotel is about 10-15 mins to Olympic MTR Station by foot.

Our hotel surrounding.


The Hong Kong MTR map for you if you are interested. 



Saw this cafe in Central. There were quite a lot of people. I think the food is nice but there was no space for us to sit and eat therefore we didn't eat there.

The menu.

When we reached Central, we went to the International Finance Centre (IFC). It is quite similar to Singapore's Marina Bay Sands (MBS) area. Very cosmopolitan. There are many branded shops and restaurants.



After walking around for awhile, we decided to settle down to eat at Crystal Jade. The prices there are quite similar to the Crystal Jade in Singapore.









Does this plate of long beans look very little? Haha. I ate first before taking photo as I was too hungry. I love long/french beans.

Only bought a birthday card for my grandmother in the IFC as everything there is so expensive. Even the birthday card cost about S$6. But Robin lost my card! He helped me to hold on to my card but didn't know where he left it. Argh!! Lost 2 things in 1 day. Boo!

After we have eaten, we wanted to go to Lan Kwai Fong (http://www.lankwaifong.com) to explore. Just think of Singapore's Clarke Quay. It is quite similar to our Clarke Quay. But as we were there rather early, the pubs/clubs were quite empty. 









Robin wanted to eat goose meat so we went to tabao some goose meat and roast pork for supper. Goose meat is like one of the must eat in Hong Kong.

This shop is located in Stanley Street. Quite near to Lan Kwai Fong. Around the area lah.

Look at this. This restaurant has gotten the 2013 Michelin guide! Taste wise, it is really not bad! Price wise, I really can't remember. But it is definitely not cheap.

Goose meat.

Roast pork.

Bought this lemon tea from Circle K (a convenience store in Hong Kong. Something like 7-11). One packet cost HK$9. I didn't know that there's this brand of ice lemon tea in Singapore. It can be found in some NTUC here.


That makes the end of our Day 1 in Hong Kong. Stay tune for Day 2.

18 comments:

Robin said...

Looking forward to a longer holiday with my lovely dear 

elderflowertea said...

@Robin: Yes. I wanna go for more and longer holidays!

Jhoenna said...

I noticed you also like posting a lot of pictures on your blog post. I also do the same on my newly created blog. We offer cheap flight and hotel accommodation rates. I hope I can serve you on your next trip. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for a nice blog post. Me and my girlfriend are just about to travel to Hong Kong, and this really gave us a feeling of how it will be. I will definitely go for the goose meat aswell.
Best regards from Sweden /
Anton

elderflowertea said...

@Jhoenna: Okies.

@Anon: Thanks for liking my post!

Anonymous said...

hi! did you have a voucher for cosmo hotel? the rates you paid were cheap! any tips? thanks!

elderflowertea said...

@Anonymous: Is it really cheap? I've booked directly on their website.

shan said...

Blog more about your holiday trip.

elderflowertea said...

@Shan: Yeah, I wish that I have more vacation!

Unknown said...

Hi.. this is an informative post......Velankanni church is considered a very powerful holy place in India.Clinton Park Inn offer different type of rooms for your diffrent needs.We accomodate all ranges of budgets into our hotels.

Budget Hotels in Velankanni

Unknown said...

What a wonderful article; great tips. Thank you, I have recently been searching for information about this topic for ages and yours is the best I have discovered so far.

Hong Kong Hotel Long Stay Package | Hotel Hong Kong Convention And Exhibition Centre

Unknown said...

This one is really useful resource of information. I'm glad to see this post over here.Hotel In Hong Kong Island | Hotel Places Interest

Unknown said...

Thank You, This is the Great Pics. I Love This Food. Visit Hong Kong and Macau Tour Packages.

Unknown said...

Thank You, This is the Great Pics. I Love This Food. Visit Hong Kong and Macau Tour Packages.

Discover India said...

Really, Lovely Food Pics. See Here Katra Patnitop Tour Itinerary.

Anonymous said...

Great work! check out for hong kong private tour

Anonymous said...

Great work! check out for hong kong private tour

ruffeecola said...

cool experience. I have not been to Lan Kwai Fong.
2017 revisit Hong Kong itinerary
2007 first time visit in Hong Kong